Top Facts about Lakshadweep Islands
The group of Islands is known for its exotic and sun-kissed beaches and green landscape. The name Lakshadweep in Sanskrit means ‘one lakh islands.
Lakshadweep Islands in India are among the most beautiful and naturally blessed islands in the world. Present in the Indian ocean Lakshadweep Islands just does not attract tourist towards it but it places a big vital role in Indian culture and economy.
There are a lot of myths and misconceptions about Indian as well as foreign tourist. So in this article, we are going to burst those myths and will see some interesting facts about Lakshadweep Islands in India.
Top 12 Facts about Beautiful Lakshadweep Islands
- On Lakshadweep, foreign tourists are allowed to visit only 2 to 3 islands, while Indians can go to visit 6 islands here.
- Consumption of alcohol is banned in most of the islands of Lakshadweep except Bangaram Island.
- , Due to this area being a part of India, Indian people do not need any Visa or Passport, but before going, they have to make a request, only then they can go there.
- No tourist can roam naked on Lakshadweep because doing so is against the law of Lakshadweep.
- Before the independence of India, Lakshadweep was an independent state, but due to the majority of the population being Muslim, Pakistan wanted to capture it, Parasardar Vallabhbhai Patel and Indian soldiers attacked Pakistan.
- Lakshadweep is the most literate state in India with about 92.28% literacy.
- Lakshadweep is the most literate state of India with about 92.28% literacy.
- Lakshadweep means “group of a lack of islands” in Malayalam and Sanskrit language.
- The capital of Lakshadweep is Kavaratti, which is considered one of the most beautiful places in the Indian subcontinent.
- In Lakshadweep, more than 90 percent of the population is Muslim, yet dances and festivals of other religions are seen here.
- The main occupation of the people of Lakshadweep is fishing and the people here use their food.
- To reach Lakshadweep, one has to go to Agati Island, which is about 459 km away from Kochi. Agati Island is about 6 kilometers long.
So above are the facts you should know about Lakshadweep Islands. And we tried to burst some myths about Lakshadweep Islands. These islands are immensely beautiful and there are a lot of things you can enjoy like water sports, sightseeing and many more. You can enjoy the full beaches of Kavaratti Island there. You must visit these Islands once in your life. It’s a Paisa vasool and a lifetime experience.